We are always on the lookout for more ways to have fun with our tea. So, imagine our delight when we came across these fun DIY tea bags on Make Your Own Zone Blog. All you need is some loose leaf tea, a few basic supplies and you'll have your own stash of custom tea bags in no time.Here’s what you will need:
- Coffee Filter
- Tea Trunk Tea
- 5″ Piece of String or Heavy Thread
- 1″ x 2″ Piece of Paper (for the small tag at the end of the string)
- Flatten out a coffee filter and then cut a little bit off each side to make a more rectangular shape.
- Put 1 teaspoon of your favorite Tea Trunk loose leaf tea in the center of the coffee filter.
- Fold the coffee filter in half the length wise, trapping the tea inside.
- Then fold the long sides back towards the middle, folding it over three times, making small folds.
- Now that the tea is inside, you’ll want to re-center things. Roll the package so that the folded seam is down the middle.
- Next fold the filter package in half.
- Cut about 3/4″ off the top so that the package wasn’t so long and skinny and was more in the shape of a traditional tea bag.
- Fold in the two top edges so that the top now forms a point.
- Fold over the top point of your filter package just a little bit, lay the string on top, and then staple. This will seal the package shut and also attach the string.
- To make a little tab for the end of your string, take your 1″ x 2″ piece of paper and fold it in half. Place the end of the string inside and then staple, centering the stapler over the string when stapling.
Still need more convincing? These make really cute, personalized gifts and they are really easy to customize as well. In place of a normal string use a pretty twine and tags from colorful paper with handwritten messages. With the festive season just around the corner these are sure to be a hit! Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.Craft Courtesy: Beverly Leestma, The Make Your Own Zone Blog.