5 favourite food pairings with Matcha
It’s important to pair Matcha with the right kinds of foods. Not just for taste, but also to ensure that your food pairing does not reduce the nutritional value and natural goodness of matcha.
So what pairs well with Matcha? Here are 5 of our favourite food pairings.
1. Keeping with traditional Japanese tea ceremonies, dishes known as Kaiseki are served to the guests to complement the full-bodied vegetal taste and grassy aroma of Matcha. Also served is a sweet dish called Wagashi made from plant ingredients, which includes fruit, bean paste or rice cakes.
2. They say “eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.” This is why we love to enjoy Matcha in breakfast bowls. Add some granola, nuts and top with fresh fruits.
3. For a light and refreshing meal, pair your matcha with a citrus salad. You can top it with a squeeze of lemon for an extra boost of natural antioxidants.
4. Avocado toast is another tasty option to pair with Matcha. Avocado is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids. When two superfoods like Matcha and Avocado are brought together it creates a healthy combination.
5. Eating pineapple while sipping Matcha tastes delicious during the summer when your appetite is suppressed due to the heat. This pairing will keep you energized and refreshed for many hours.
Are you considering trying Matcha for the first time? We recommend our Berry Matcha Green Tea. Easy on the palate, this one is for those who are experiencing matcha for the first time.
Disclaimer: Matcha is high in Caffeine and is best consumed in the first half of the day.