After exploring the history, origins and types of tea, go deeper into the art of tea blending and understand various flavour profiles. Recognise key taste notes and learn about complementing and contrasting flavours.
What will be covered:
1. Detailed study of the flavour wheel
2. Hands-on demo of making an actual tea blend for personal/ commercial use
3. Use of natural ingredients to flavour teas
4. Detailed tasting notes of base teas - green, black, Oolong, white etc
5. This masterclass includes a tea blending kit with teas worth Rs. 1000
6. You will receive a certificate on completion of the masterclass
Who should attend:
1. Only those who have completed the Tea Blending Basics Course will be eligible.
2. Ideal for anyone who wants to blend teas for personal or commercial use and for tea room owners, foodservice professionals, wine enthusiasts, and more.
Date: Friday, 26th August
Time: 5 PM to 7 PM (120 mins)
Price: Rs 3500
The link for the same will be shared a few days before the class.
1. Can I register for the Tea Blending Advanced Workshop only?
No, in order to to attend the Tea Blending Advanced workshop, it is mandatory to attend the Tea Blending Basics Workshop , as this forms the basis from where you will build a better understanding.
2. Is this a certificate course?
Yes, we will be providing you with a certificate on completion of the course
3. What are the skills / experience required to register for the workshops?
No prior skills or experience is required in order to register for the Tea Blending Basic workshop. Anyone with an interest in the topics covered is welcome.
However, only those who have attended / enrolled for the Tea Blending Basics Workshop can register for the Tea Blending Advanced Workshop.
About the Instructor - Snigdha Manchanda:
INK Fellow 2013 | Empanelled Spokesperson for Tea Board of India
Snigdha is India's First Certified Tea Sommelier, pursuing her passion for tea over the last decade. She has tasted and profiled over 2000 varieties of teas. She specializes in creating signature hand-blended teas and runs Tea Trunk, curating artisanal blends from the finest Indian tea leaves.
Read more about Snigdha and Tea Trunk.