There’s nothing like a holiday to escape the summer heat. If you haven’t booked your tickets yet, how about a holiday in a teacup? Long Island Iced Green Tea combines the refreshing flavors of mint and citrus, best poured in a glass full of crushed ice. Easy to prepare, it is the perfect summer drink.
Hot Brew Method:
- Brew tea with hot water as per standard procedure. Ratio is 2 gms per 200 ml of water.
- Steep for 5-7 mins to make a strong brew. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the tea concentrate.
Cold Brew Method:
- Infuse tea in room temperature water. Ratio is 2 gms per 200 ml of water. Leave this infusion overnight.
- Next morning strain the tea leaves and refrigerate the tea concentrate.
Tea Concentrate stays good in the fridge for up to one week. To make your Iced Tea, add 60 ml of tea concentrate in a tall glass + 30 ml of fruit juice and top it up with chilled water and iced cubes. Add cane sugar / honey to sweeten. Fruit juice may have added sugar. Hence, adjust the sweetener accordingly.
Long Island Green Tea is also our flavor of the month. Shop this refreshing summer blend or try our Iced Tea Collection which contains 6 different tea blends that are great for brewing up a pitcher of iced tea.