Blue Pea Flower Tea is known worldwide for its mesmerising colour changing properties. Add certain ingredients like lemon and watch your beautiful azure hue tea turn purple. Or add Hibiscus and watch it turn a sparkling red. The tea changes color when the natural pH level is modified.
Blue Pea Tea is is widely used by mixologists to create colourful colour changing cocktails called ‘Mood rings’. As we prefer not to use alcohol in our drinks, we have created our very own fusion iced tea called “Agua de Goa,” which means “Water of Goa”. This recipe is similar to the Hibiscus cocktail classic “Agua de Jamaica,” the difference being the addition of Blue Pea Flower Tea to the classic Hibiscus Green Tea.
- 2 quarts of filtered cold water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Tea Trunk Hibiscus green tea
- 6 tablespoons Tea Trunk’s Blue Pea Flower Tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 thin slices of ginger
- Put Hibiscus green tea and blue pea flower tea in a jar that is filled with water. Add the cinnamon and ginger.
- Close and shake the bottle.
- Put in fridge and cold brew overnight.
- Remove next day and strain.
- Add the honey and serve
We hope you like the look and taste of our Agua de Goa Iced tea. You could also try making the drink by experimenting with our other green teas such as Berry Blush Green Tea or Long Island Green Tea. Happy sipping tea lovers!