Welcome Summer with a White Tea Sangria
Instead of grumbling about the sweltering heat ( doesn’t every year seem to get hotter?), I like to think of my favourite summer things… yeah like, breezy cotton dresses, mangoes and ice- cream ( and both together, yum) and chilled aam panna, and cold aamras with hot crispy puris ( heaven) and….. you get the drift. So, we decided what better than to pack in some anti- oxidants and make a summer drink which is as delicious and refreshing. It simple and delicious plus if you don’t have all the listed fruit, don’t sweat, ( sorry couldn’t resist that one), do with at least 3 of them, and it will still taste great! Ingredients:
- 2 oranges, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved or whole
- 2 mangoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 20gms fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 cups brewed and chilled Tea Trunk Moon White Tea
- 1 bottle sauvignon blanc wine, chilled
- 2 tblsps orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- In a liter pitcher, combine the oranges, kiwis, grapes and mangoes. At this point, stir in the wine and liqueur if opting for this version.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the strawberries.