Matcha, the finely ground green tea powder, has taken the culinary world by storm with its vibrant color and earthy flavor. Beyond its traditional role as a soothing beverage, matcha is a versatile ingredient that can be used to create a range of delicious dishes. In this blog, we'll introduce you to three must-try matcha recipes that will not only tantalize your taste buds but also infuse your meals with a burst of health benefits.
Matcha Energy Boost Smoothie
Ready in 5 minutes | Serves 1
1 teaspoon Tea Trunk Matcha powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional for sweetness)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
In a blender, combine the matcha powder, ripe banana, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and honey (if desired).
- If you prefer a colder smoothie, add a few ice cubes to the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired, and enjoy!
Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
Preparation time: 15 minutes (+ freezing time) | Serves 4
2 teaspoons Tea trunk matcha powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
In a mixing bowl, whisk the matcha powder into the whole milk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Combine the matcha milk mixture with the cream mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for a few hours until it reaches your desired consistency.
Matcha-Infused Baking Sensation: Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Baking time: 10-12 minutes | Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Tea Trunk matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, matcha powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
So, whether you're looking for a morning energy boost, a sweet treat, or a baking adventure, these recipes are a must-try for every matcha enthusiast. Enjoy!
We've put together an e-book with everything you need to know about this superfood ( bonus recipes included) and the best part is, it's absolutely FREE!