How to Make Matcha Latte at Home
Matcha is truly the superfood of our times. With its sweet, delicate aroma, it is appropriate for make refreshing smoothies, luxurious shakes and delectable lattes. So, here I am sharing our personal recipe of Matcha Latte- made from our ceremonial grade Matcha, which is sourced from the Nishio region, Aichi prefecture in Japan. It is one of our best kept and truly lip-smacking secrets! Here it is:
- ½ tsp Tea Trunk Matcha
- 2-3 tbsps water, hot
- 1 cup Milk or any nut milk (We like almond milk)
- Natural sweetener (use according to taste). We like honey, cane sugar or stevia.
- Add ½ tsp Tea Trunk Matcha in a cup. Add 2 tsps water and use your Tea Trunk Bamboo Whisk to mix it thoroughly.
- Add the remaining water, and sugar and whisk vigorously in a zigzag motion, until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, scald the milk in a saucepan. Pour onto prepared matcha , garnish with a pinch of nutmeg powder. Gently stir.
- Sprinkle some white chocolate shavings on the top and Enjoy!
Matcha is the perfect tea as it is packed with antioxidants and gives a sustained boost of caffeine, perfect for fueling busy mornings and chasing those afternoon deadlines. And if you are someone who likes a little bit of chocolate in the morning (or any other time!) don’t forget to check out our newly launched Cacao Matcha.