Herbal teas have been around for centuries. These infusions are actually considered to be Tisanes and not true teas as they do not come from the Camellia sinensis tea plant. Herbal teas were mainly known for their health benefits, rather than consumed as sipping teas. Here are 5 herbs which are must-haves for your tea cupboard.
- Spearmint is highly regarded as a herbal tea globally. It is known to help reduce problems caused by hormonal imbalance. It's also refreshing, cures bad breath, aids in weight loss and helps boosts the immune system.
- Chamomile is best known to have a relaxing and calming effect. It is usually consumed close to bedtime as it helps to induce sleep.
- Lavender is similar to Chamomile in its ability to relieve stress and improve mood. Apart from herbal infusions, it is also widely used in aromatherapy.
- Lemongrass is commonly used in herbal teas to provide a refreshing lemon taste with its citrus flavour. It’s utilised as a culinary herb as well as a medicinal herb.
- Nettle leaves tea is known to be an excellent detoxifier – it can help you flush out toxins from your system, leaving you feeling lighter and more energetic.
With zero caffeine content, our 100% natural herbal infusions are healthy and healing. These teas are perfect soothing sips through the day or before bedtime. They are definitely worth having as part of your tea collection.